Girls hockey skates past Holy Family/Waconia

• Rachel St. Clair, senior, fights for the puck up against the boards during Tuesday’s 2-1 win over Holy Family Catholic/Waconia Wildfire.

• Mikaela Florey, senior, controls the puck during Tuesday’s 2-1 win over Holy Family Catholic/Waconia Wildfire.

• Rachael St. Clair, senior, fights for the puck during Tuesday’s 2-1 win over Holy Family Catholic/Waconia Wildfire.

• Grace Bizal, senior, races into the offensive zone during Tuesday’s 2-1 win over Holy Family Catholic/Waconia Wildfire.

• Hope Docter, junior, trying to gain control of the puck during Tuesday’s 2-1 win over Holy Family Catholic/Waconia Wildfire.

• Grace Bizal, senior, passes the puck to Corbin Boyd, senior, during Tuesday’s 2-1 win over Holy Family Catholic/Waconia Wildfire.

• Girls hockey players watching the action during Tuesday’s 2-1 win over Holy Family Catholic/Waconia Wildfire.

Anne Goodroad, Staff Reporter

On Dec. 2, the girls hockey team defeated the Holy Family/Waconia Wildfire 2-1.

Corbin Boyd, senior captain, started strong with a goal halfway through the first period.

In the second period, both the Royals and the Wildfire team held up a strong fight and began to play rough. During the first period, there were no penalties, but the second period brought in four penalties, three of which were in the last 5 minutes.

During the third period, the opponent pushed forward and scored in the first two minutes, but their momentum did not last long. Grace Bizal, senior, got the final goal in the last two minutes of the game, leaving Hopkins with their sixth win this season.

Olivia Bizal, eighth grader, played goalie for the first time this varsity season. Hopkins topped the charts with 36 shots on goal while Waconia only had 14.

The next game will be on Dec 4. at Centennial High School.