Senior class witnesses last homecoming pepfest

by Julia Jallo, sophomore

With everyone sporting their class colors; Seniors, red, Juniors, purple, and Sophomores, green, the pep-fest is ready for action.

Spirit day winners are announced from the categories, legend sports movies, magical Disney classics, rockin’ 80’s, fearless superheros, and students decked out in their class color. Claire Dirnberger takes top honors with her win for all around best spirit.

The stands are roaring with school spirit as the Royelles hit the stage. Later the football team moves their spotlight from the field to the dance floor as they show their moves with the Royelles during the annual boy girl dance.

“Being my first pep-fest it was pretty nerve racking, but once I got out there it was super cool, and I had an overall great time”, said Heather Cleary, Royelles.

While the Sophomores experience their first pep-fest, the Seniors witness their last.

“It was super shocking, and it just kind of hit me quickly that next year someone else will be experiencing the same thing I am, while I will have moved on. But I’m making the best out of it, and enjoying my senior year while it lasts”, said Emma Jallo, Senior.

Crowned for Homecoming king and queen, Austin Oaks and Meg Jenny link arm and arm and make their way across the court to receive their crowns.

“Leaving with a bang” homecoming queen Meg Jenny, Senior, expresses her mixed emotions throughout the event.

“It was really cool. I wasn’t expecting a whole lot, but then I walked in and I was like woah. Being crowned was really weird, I cried a lot after, but it was an unforgettable thing. I was really happy because all the other nominees were amazing, and just so cool,” said Jenny.

Ending with cheers, the pep-fest comes to a close leaving the students pumped up and ready for the homecoming game later against Wayzata.