Boys Basketball looks to take down the Skippers in final game of the season

Anthony+Davis%2C+senior%2C+pulls+up+for+a+three+pointer.+

Adam Segal

Anthony Davis, senior, pulls up for a three pointer.

AJ Condon, Sports Reporter

Today, the Royals boys’ basketball team will play their final game of the regular season against the Minnetonka Skippers.

Last Fri., the Royals played and won their final home game of the regular season against the Eden Prairie Eagles. The Royals extended their win streak to 24 games now.

This is the second meeting between the Royals and Skippers, the last time they met was a month earlier when the Royals won 90-77.

The Royals have been trying to catch up to the top ranked Cretin-Derham Hall Raiders all season after they lost their season opener to them. The Raiders took their second loss of the season to the Eagles last Wednesday.

The Royals are being led by Zeke Nnaji, junior, Anthony Davis, senior, and Blaise Beauchamp, sophomore, who are averaging 19.9, 15.4 and 15.4, respectively.

The Skippers are also playing in their last regular season game, unfortunately, their season isn’t going as hot as the Royals. The Skippers are sitting at a 14-10 record and are coming off a loss to the Wayzata Trojans 70-54.

The Skippers are being led by Jalen Dearring, junior, and Cameron Steele, sophomore, are averaging 16.6 and 15.9 points per game, respectively.

After this game, the standings will be set on the sections tournament will start and the Royals will look to earn a spot back at Target Center.