HEART-O-GRAMS!!!

Feb 10, 2017

Next Tuesday, the odds of getting through a class without getting a knock on the door are very slim. That’s because it’s the day of love and also the day for Heart-O-Grams.

On Feb. 14, 14 different vocal groups will be delivering nearly 900 Heart-O-Grams, which each come with a song, flower and note.

Heart-O-Grams are being sold Thursday Feb. 9 through Monday Feb. 13. One Heart-O-Gram will be sold for four dollars and three Heart-O-Grams will be sold for ten dollars. It is possible for Heart-O-Grams to sell out.

“It’s hard for the groups if we print more once we sell out,” said Mr. Philip Brown, music. “It becomes too overwhelming.”

Each group can deliver up to 16 Heart-O-Grams per block.

According to Brown, last year was the first year in a while that Heart-O-Grams did not sell out.

“I would say it’s normal for them to sell out, except for last year,” Brown said. “Last year Heart-O-Grams sales were good, but not great.”

The money collected from the sales will be given to the HHS Choir Program.

Heart-O-Grams have been a tradition at HHS since the 1970s.

Although students don’t see behind the scenes of Heart-O-Grams, Brown gives most of the credit to the coordinating team. This year, Sammi Galinson, senior, along with multiple others are the brains behind the operation.

According to Brown, Galinson and the others will spend five to seven hours organizing the Heart-O-Grams the night before. They separate them into blocks and groups by routing out which groups go where to create a nice flow so there aren’t two groups at the same room.

“It’s a stressful night, but the day is super fun,” Galinson said. “It’s really a rewarding experience.”