Royals boys’ lax: update Week 2

Apr 28, 2017

Royals+defend+zone+during+game+against+Wayzata.+The+Royals+were+defeated+by+the+Trojans+3-23.+

provided by Matt Gerstner

Royals defend zone during game against Wayzata. The Royals were defeated by the Trojans 3-23.

uEarly in the season, the Royals lacrosse team has struggled but still have a lot of fight left in them.

“It’s been pretty rough so far, but we’re making small improvements every game and we haven’t given up,” Jackson James, sophomore, said. “In these next few weeks, we get to play some smaller programs which should be closer games.”

The Royals have dropped their past five. Four of the five were conference games. James knows the team needs to improve over the season in conference games.

“All of these Lake Conference teams are extremely skilled while we have some new players. Still, all of our new players are grinding everyday,” James said. “Having a goalie like Ben Serstock is gonna help tremendously in conference games.”

The Royals have had a tough time on offense this year as they’ve had only eight goals in five games. Cole Kinney, senior, captain believes the offense is not flowing like it should.

“Our offense isn’t fluid. Guys need to cut better,” Kinney said. “One major thing we need to work on is our catching and passing. We need to start making routine plays look routine.”

Leo Reuder, junior, believes the season is going okay. Although the tough time, he’s still having a great time.

“The season is going alright. We haven’t been able to win lately, but it’s great playing with the boys,” Reuder said.

The future looks good for the Royals as they have some games that won’t be as tough.

“Our schedule is going to get a lot easier. We play St. Louis Park and Delano which should be winnable games for us,” Matt Gerstner, junior, said. “This season is young and we’re looking to improve everyday.”