Player Profile: Nick Ghose

Apr 17, 2017

With the new season on the come up, Nick Ghose, senior, captain, looks to make a return to the sections tournament.

Ghose has been in lacrosse for many years and was introduced to the sport by one of his good friends.

“I’ve been playing lacrosse since sixth grade,” Ghose said. “My best friend Carl [Miller] got me into the sport.”

Ghose and company have a tough schedule this year considering they play in one of the toughest conference in Minnesota. The royals play eight Lake Conference games this season. Ghose believes good reps in practice will help in these tough games.

“The Lake Conference is one of the best in the state with great competition,” Ghose said. “We just have to get it done in practice and prepare for these tough games.”

This past year, the royals lacrosse team made an appearance in the section tournament and we’re successful. Ghose would like his team to repeat that success.

“The team won its first sections game ever last year,” Ghose said. “I would like to see us back there again next year.”

Ghose was working hard in the offseason to prepare for this upcoming season.

“I tried to improve my game every week with either stick skills, shooting, or just getting in the weight room,” Ghose said. “During the summer, I was on a club team and travelled to the east coast for very intense competition.”

Ghose was named captain for this season and this means he has some extra responsibilities.

“Being a captain means I have to work my hardest in every situation and help the younger guys on the team improve,” Ghose said.