Player Profile: Connor Sedoff

Mar 20, 2017

With the golf season only a month away, Connor Sedoff, junior, is ready to start this season off swinging.

Sedoff has been practicing all winter in the Braemar golf dome to try and not lose his skills.

“I’ve been practicing all winter in the Braemar dome getting ready for this season,” Sedoff said, “Any spare time I have during the winter I’ll be going straight there to practice my golf game.”

The golf season falls after a five month period of bad weather where player can’t play on outdoor courses.

Sedoff also has an opinion on the recently developing issue with golf season being in the spring rather than the fall.

“I would definitely prefer the golf season to be in the fall and many of the other guys on the team would agree,” Sedoff said, “I play really crappy golf for the first half of the season just because I haven’t gotten the opportunity to play golf outside in five months.”

Sedoff has always been a multi sport athlete up until recently when he started to focus on golf. He used to play baseball at a competitive level.

“In ninth grade I played AAA baseball and started getting a little more serious into golf and In 10th grade I dropped baseball completely to focus on golf,” Sedoff said.

His sophomore year he made the Royals varsity golf team averaging a score of around 80 for 18 holes of golf.

“Being more committed to a sport will always make you improve tremendously,” Sedoff said.

Sedoff is looking forward to getting this season started and hopes to improve his average from last year along with his team having success.

“I’m looking forward to what this season will bring, hopefully we can continue our individual and team success from last year,” Sedoff said.