Giese, students provide developments on POPS concert tire slashing

Today, Officer Jim Giese and Kylie Hanley, junior, spoke with the Royal Page to further discuss the events that took place after the POPS concert last weekend.

After speaking with Giese, we are able to share that only 10 people have reported to have had their tires slashed, however it is likely that many more tires were slashed and have not been reported to the school or to the Minnetonka Police Department.

The suspect previously described in the initial story was based off of witness accounts.

Hanley and Bobby Wilson, junior, were leaving the POPS concert around the time the incident took place when they noticed an older, beaten up car driving slowly through the HHS parking lot.

“We walked out to the car, got in and the maroon truck slowly drove by. I thought it was weird so I pulled up behind her and she was going so slow. We thought she must have been lost or confused. We followed her towards the back of the parking lot. We turned left to leave and she turned right to stay in the parking lot,” Hanley said.

If the victims choose to file charges, the suspect could potentially be charged with a felony damage to property. According to the 2016 Minnesota Statute 609.595 Subdivision 1a, this could, at minimum, lead to up to one year in prison and fines reaching $3,000.

The Royal Page will continue to report on this incident as further developments arise.