Wild host Blackhawks in third meeting of the season

Feb 21, 2017

The Minnesota Wild will host the Chicago Blackhawks in the third meeting of the regular season between these teams. This game marks the eighth straight and final home game before their bye week.

The Wild are 39-13-6 and are leading the Central Division. They are led by their goalie, Devan Dubnyk, who is leading the league in save percentage, goals against average and wins.

The Wild are 1-0-1 this year against the Hawks, their last meeting was on Wed., Feb. 8, where the Wild were coming off back-to-back games.

In that game, back-up goalie, Darcy Kuemper was in net. He let in three goals in regulation and the game-winning goal in OT to Jonathan Toews.

The Wild will want to continue their success against the Hawks. The Wild are 6-0-1 against them since last Oct. 30.

The Wild have gotten points in seven of their last eight games to help them move to 84 points. They have also moved closer to the top spot in points, they are 1 point behind the league leading Washington Capitals.

Currently, the Wild are leading the Western Conference seven points ahead of both the Hawks and the San Jose Sharks.

The Blackhawks are 36-18-5 and are being led by Patrick Kane, right wing, who has 60 points this year. He is leading his team in assists with 40.

The Hawks are coming off a 5-1 win against the Buffalo Sabres and will look to get a win streak going.

The Wild will try and continue their hot streak and continue to separate themselves from the rest of the Western Conference, while the Hawks will look to keep fighting to be a top contender in the West.