Player Profile: Tejia Treml

Feb 17, 2017

Teija+Treml%2C+senior%2C+supports+team.+

photo by Bea Frank

Teija Treml, senior, supports team.

Tejia Treml, senior, has been apart of the Royals girls basketball programs her whole life.

Starting in second grade, Treml began playing with the Hopkins Minnetonka recreation program. That was the just the beginning for her.

Now, playing for a 23-0 varsity program, Treml is more involved than ever.

With 17 rebounds and three steals in the first five games Treml contributes to the little things the Royals do well. She also hopes to continue to improve her game and be able to contribute even more to her team during post-season.

“A person goal for myself is to become more confident with the ball,” Treml said. “And a team goal is to be state champions!”

Last year, the Royals lost a close state championship game to the Minnetonka Skippers. During the regular season, the Royals had went 1-1 with the Skippers, and the victory over them is one of Tremel’s favorite memories.

“One of my favorite basketball moments is the second game that we played against Minnetonka during last years season,” Treml Said.

Overall, the Hopkins basketball program means much to Treml, and Treml means highly to the program.

“What I like most about the Hopkins basketball program is the intensity and my teammates,” Treml said.

This feeling is reciprocated. Many of her teammates, including Brooklyn Dixon, junior, also appreciate Treml as a teammate, and as a person.

“She’s a really supportive teammate, she’s a leader on the floor, and she’s a great communicator,” Dixon said. “As a person, she’s a great role model.”