Royals look to get revenge against conference foe Wayzata

Feb 17, 2017

Ishmael+El-Amin%2C+HHS+alum%2C+goes+up+for+lay+up+against+Washburn.+El-Amin+currently+plays+basketball+for+Ball+State+University.+

Bea Frank

Ishmael El-Amin, HHS alum, goes up for lay up against Washburn. El-Amin currently plays basketball for Ball State University.

The Royals boys basketball team will host the Wayzata Trojans in their second meeting of the season on Fri., Feb. 17. The Royals fell hard to the Trojans in their first meeting this season 81-55, and will look to bounce back in this one.

The Royals record improved to 16-5 after picking up a big win against the Edina Hornets 85-78 last Fri., Feb 10. In that win the Royals were able to extend their win streak to 4 games, as Simon Wright and Ish El-Amin, seniors, both dropped 21 points.

The Trojans have surprised many, and are playing very well this season as they hold a 23-2 record and are coming off a 84-55 win against Washburn. The Trojans lost their second game of the season on Feb. 7, but were able to get back on the right track by winning their last two contests.

The Trojans are led by Gavin Baumgartner and Ryan Lindbergh, seniors. They are averaging 15.9 and 14.7 points per game, respectively.

After the Royals host the Trojans, they will look to recover fast as they play against Woodbury the next day, Saturday. This will be the first contest between these two teams.