Royals boys’ hoops looks to expand win streak tonight VS Edina

Feb 10, 2017

Zeke+Njaji%2C+sophomore%2C+grabs+basketball+and+looks+to+put+it+back+up.+The+Royals+beat+the+Warriors+87-73.+

photo by Bea Frank

Zeke Njaji, sophomore, grabs basketball and looks to put it back up. The Royals beat the Warriors 87-73.

The Royals boys basketball team will host the Edina Hornets in a very important Lake Conference game today Fri., Feb. 10. The Royals played the Hornets early in the season, but the Royals fell to the Hornets 73-63 and will be looking for revenge.

The Royals are currently 15-5 after beating Annandale 72-71 in a real nail-biter. Ish El-Amin, senior, hit two clutch free throws in the final seconds of the game to help secure the win. In that game El-Amin, dropped 20 and Simon Wright, senior, contributed with 19.

They are currently on a three game win streak and look to continue it. These passed few games they have been led by El-Amin, Wright, and Blaise Beauchamp, freshman. They are currently averaging 21.3, 15.3, and 13.1, respectively.

The Hornets are 12-7 after winning against Holy Family Catholic 89-53. They are on a three game win streak as well. The Hornets also are looking to sweep the Royals.

The Hornets are led by Walt McGrory, senior, Anders Nelson, junior. They are averaging 25.5 and 15.5.

After this big Lake Conference game, the Royals will then host another important Lake Conference game against the Wayzata Trojans. The Royals also lost to the Trojans earlier this season 81-55, and again will be looking for revenge.