Player Profile: DJ Resig

Feb 9, 2017

DJ Resig, senior, has played hockey for his whole life but he decided to take a break for his junior year, the 2015-2016 season. After missing the team and missing playing, he decided to return. Resig is now finishing out his senior season on varsity.

“I really missed playing with the boys, and since it’s [my] senior year, I wanted to come back for one more year,” Resig said.

Resig is playing a solid year so far, but unfortunately got a concussion in the beginning of January, which sidelined him temporarily from hockey, and lacrosse, where he is a captain. Resig will be returning in the coming weeks, and is looking forward to the upcoming section games.

“It hasn’t been a great season for us, but I’m really hoping we can get something together and show out [for sections]” Resig said.

As soon as the hockey season is over, Resig will be working hard again to prepare for the 2017 lacrosse season, where he plays as a LSM (long stick midfielder). Resig is also hopeful about the Royals lacrosse team’s chances.

“We lost a lot of seniors but it’s going to be a really fun year. It sucks it’ll be my last season of high school sports though so it’s kind of bittersweet,” Resig said.

Resig will be taking the ice with the Royals on Thu., Feb. 9, against Eden Prairie, at the Eden Prairie Community Center at 7 p.m.