Player Profile: Croix JoliCoeur

Feb 9, 2017

Although the Royals boys swim and dive team consists of more than 30 people there is only one senior on the team, Croix JoliCouer.

“It’s kinda weird being the only senior on the team, when I started there were more people my age and over the years they slowly started to leave the team,” JoliCouer said. “Although I’m the only senior it’s been kind of fun being the oldest.”

JoliCouer became intrigued by the idea of diving when he was in seventh grade gym class at NJH.

“I had a gym class in seventh grade and during the swimming unit I would try to do these crazy dives and the gym teacher suggested I try out for diving and the rest is history,” JoliCouer said.

The Royals are struggling this season with a 1-4 record. Despite the losses JoliCouer finds the most joy in the atmosphere.

“The best part of diving is the sportsmanship, everyone has a good time including people from other schools you find that everyone is cheering for you including the opposing team,” JoliCouer said.

The Royals are looking forward to competing in their upcoming section meets and JoliCouer has high expectations.

“I think the team is working hard and I have high hopes for the entire team,” JoliCouer said. “As for myself I have been working hard and am hoping that I can make it back to state.”

The Royals next meet is Feb. 10, at home against the Wayzata Trojans.