Royals boys’ hoops face Cardinals in non-conference game

Feb 7, 2017

Blaise+Beauchamp%2C+freshman%2C+Ish+El-Amin%2C+Simon+Wright%2C+seniors%2C+and+Anthony+Davis%2C+junior+walk+out+for+jump+ball.+The+Royals+won+87-73.+

photo by Bea Frank

Blaise Beauchamp, freshman, Ish El-Amin, Simon Wright, seniors, and Anthony Davis, junior walk out for jump ball. The Royals won 87-73.

The Royals boys basketball team will play a non-conference game tonight [Tues., Feb. 7], at 7:30 pm against Annandale High School Cardinals. The Royals are looking to extend their win streak to three games.

The Royals are 14-5 this season and starting to play like their former selves. They have been lead by Ish El-Amin, Simon Wright, seniors, and Blaise Beauchamp, freshman. They are averaging 21.4, 15.1, and 13.3 points per game, respectively.

The Cardinals are 17-4 and look to continue their win streak which is at five. The Cardinals are led by Jarod Wilken, senior, and Trenton Peterson, junior. They are averaging 17.8 and 12.4 points per game.

The Royals are coming off back-to-back wins against Minnetonka and the Washington Warriors from Sioux Falls, SD. In the game against the Warriors, the Royals had big help from El-Amin, who dropped 21 points, Anthony Davis, junior, who had 19 and Beauchamp who had 17.

After tonight, the Royals next game is a big home game vs. Edina in a Lake Conference game. The Royals played them earlier in the season where they lost 63-73, they will be looking for revenge in this game.