Schweigert cooks on Kids Sweets Showdown

Dec 15, 2016

Most students spend their summer playing sports, hanging out with friends, swimming at the beach or maybe even traveling, but not GrantSchweigert, a 7th grader who attends North Junior High.

Schweigert had a summer like no other. He spent most of his vacation in California, where he was on set of the Food Network TV show called “Kids Sweets Showdown.” The show is about a baking competition between kids in which those kids compete for a $10,000 prize.

Schweigert has had a passion for baking ever since he was young. The passion has now become much more for him and has got him some serious publicity. No longer is he only baking sweets for his family and friends, but now is doing so much more.

Schweigert had the chance to compete with other child bakers during his time on set and really built solid friendships while working with one another. Sweigert appeared in the third episode of the first season and came out winning, along with his partner Diego.

Bakers in this show make a variety of sweets and treats.Schweigert and his partner made a carrot cake shaped like a train that impressed celebrity judges Ali Sweeney and Harley Morenstein.

Schweigert’s episode aired back on Nov. 30 and had another episode that aired on Dec. 7. The season finale took place on Dec. 14.