Boys hoops preview: Hosting Lakeville South

Dec 13, 2016

The Royals boys basketball team has a non-conference home game tonight at 7pm against the Lakeville South Cougars. The Royals will hope to keep their undefeated season alive in tonight’s game.

The Royals have relied on the scoring of Ishmael El-Amin and Simon Wright, seniors, who have scored 27 and 13.3 points per game respectively. They are looking for a big game in the paint from from Joe Hedstrom, junior, who is averaging seven rebounds per game.

For the Cougars, they will rely on Shae Mitchell, junior, and Jack Sorensen, senior, who are averaging 17.3 and 15 points per game.

Lakeville South has already proved they can compete with teams from the Lake Conference, with a 81-72 win over the Eden Prairie Eagles, last Saturday, Dec.10th.

The Royals are coming off a 34 point win over Rochester John Marshall, in which El-Amin and Wright were the leading scorers for the Royals. Anthony Davis, junior, also added 13 points in the victory. This game should be of a test for the Royals though.

“Lakeville South has some good players and matchups for our guys. It’s our first game, as well, so it should be a great crowd,” Wright said.

After tonight’s game, the Royals will be back in action on Friday Dec. 16th at 7pm when they will play their first Lake Conference game against the Edina Hornets.