Vikings’ Bridgewater’s injury takes toll on HHS students

Noah Fogel, Staff Reporter

Throughout the years the Minnesota Vikings have had many promising seasons but something seems to always go wrong. Including, Brett Favre’s foot injury in the 2009-2010 seasons, Adrian Peterson’s torn ACL in 2011 and most recently and possibly the most painful, the injury of Teddy Bridgewater.

Yesterday at around 1:45 in the afternoon the Vikings worst nightmare occurred. Third year quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, tore his ACL on a non-contact knee injury during practice at Winter Park, the Vikings training facility, in Eden Prairie. This event not only affects the Vikings and their 2016-17 season but also causes ripples at HHS.

Elias Mejias, senior, said that when he heard the news he threw his Xbox controller across the room shattering the device. He then contacted his friends who were equally as outraged.

“It just seems like Minnesota sports can’t catch a break,” Mejias said.

Bridgewater is definitely out for the 2016-2017 season and the injury could have long term effects. The Vikings are scanning the league for veteran quarterbacks such as, Mike Vick, Mark Sanchez and the controversial Colin Kaepernick. All of these options are viable, but definitely not the situation the team hoped to be in.

“This is typical Minnesota sports and a result of bad luck,” said Austin Howell, senior.