Royelles begin competition season

Grace Dosdall, Staff Reporter

On Nov. 14 at 7 pm, the Dance Team kicked off their season with the Third Annual Hopkins Royelles Dance Show.

The Royelles perform two routines, one being a kick routine and the other being jazz.

Molly Bauer, senior, has participated on the Royelles Dance Team for four years and is dedicated to the sport. Bauer believes focusing on getting ready for a dance helps the push the team to be the best they can be.

“To get ready for a performance, we clean up our dance and work on our endurance,” Bauer said. “We spend a lot of time talking about what we want to accomplish, and how we want to dance, facial expressions, and energy.”

Lauren Goodman, junior, sees the potential in the team and is excited to continue the season.

“I think this season is going to be really successful. We gained a lot of really talented young dancers this year, most of them being only eighth graders and freshmen,” said Goodman. “Also, we are all being super positive and are excited about what we are doing.”

Based on their first showcase, Goodman and Bauer agree that they have started the season strong.

The Royelles perform at their first show of the season.
provided by Grace Dosdall

“I thought we had a ton of energy and went out there really excited,” Goodman said. “We couldn’t wait to perform and show [our performance] to everyone.”

The Royelles’ next performance is on Nov. 19 at the Lake Conference Jazz Competition at Eden Prairie High School.