Reflections Artistic Magazine is released

The Reflections Artistic Magazine is on sale in Mr. Fuhr’s room.

Madeline Martodam, Staff Reporter

The annual Reflections Artistic Magazine was released this May. The magazine features an array of student talent ranging from artists to writers and is a collection of all of their works throughout the year.

Three years ago the Hopkins Education Foundation gave students a grant to create the magazine. It was funded this year by Ms. Patty Johnson, principal.

This year, Anne Meisner and Elle Tigner, seniors, assembled the magazine in a program called InDesign. Through the process of putting it together, they received the opportunity to work with the publishers and see how a magazine is actually printed, as it was a company that publishes actual books and magazines.

“The point in doing this is to show off the talents of students in the photography and writing department at HHS that don’t really get to have their work publicized,” Tigner said.

For the first time, there is a gallery located at Munkabeans, in downtown Hopkins, showcasing the photographers and graphic designers from HHS.

The magazine was available for purchase at lunch for $7. The leftovers are now being sold in Mr. Fuhr’s Media Arts room.

“It’s interesting to see what students can actually do and to see that they’re getting published because most writers don’t in high school,” Tigner said.