Boys lacrosse dominates Holy Family in high scoring affair

• Issac Carson, junior, takes the face off in the game against Holy Family Catholic.

• Mikey Ewing, junior, waits for a pass in the game against Holy Family Catholic.

• Scottie Zaccagnini, junior, warms up at half time during the game against Holy Family Catholic.

• Michael Cera, senior, calls for a pass in the game against Holy Family Catholic.

• Andrew Wallace-Jackson, senior, scores in the game against Holy Family Catholic.

• Andrew Wallace-Jackson, senior, looks to make a play on offense.

• Scottie Zaccagnini, junior, plays in the game against Holy Family Catholic.

• Michael Cera, senior, takes a shot on goal in the game against Holy Family Catholic.

• Kamal Baker, junior, plays in the offensive end during the game against Holy Family Catholic.

Sophie Frank, Staff Reporter

The 18-12 win over Holy Family Catholic on Mon., April 27 was a big game for boys lacrosse. With the win, the Royals doubled their win total from last year from two to four.

The Royals were lead by Andrew Wallace-Jackson, senior, who tallied six goals and one assist, Scottie Zaccagnini, junior, who scored three goals and recorded four assists, and Kamal Baker, junior, with five goals and two assists.

In addition to strong offense, Zaccagnini attributes a large part of the team’s success to the goalie, Ben Serstock, freshman.

“[Serstock] was making a lot of key saves,” Zaccagnini said. “He’s very relaxed and clutch when he needs to be.”

Baker agrees that Serstock has been a great addition to the starting roster this year.

“[Serstock] is a godsend to Hopkins,” Baker said. “And he’s a freshman.”

Energized by the successful start to the season, Baker hopes to keep the momentum going.

“The team is so different this year,” Baker said. “We’ve beat [last year’s] record by two more wins, already doubling our [previous] record this early in the season. We’re looking for a conference win, and it doesn’t seem too far away.”

Boys lacrosse may have a chance to achieve that goal on Thurs., April 29 against Edina.
“We’re looking to come out [against Edina on Thursday] with high intensity and positivity,” Zaccagnini said.