Boys basketball looks to continue hot-streak against Wayzata

Vinnie+Shahid%2C+junior%2C+shooting+a+free+throw+during+Tuesdays+89-69+win+over+Burnsville.+

Vinnie Shahid, junior, shooting a free throw during Tuesday’s 89-69 win over Burnsville.

Kyle Makey, Staff Reporter

The red hot Royals boys basketball team will begin the second half of their Lake Conference schedule with an away game at Wayzata. The Royals come into the game undefeated in the Lake Conference with an overall record of 14-4, riding a 10-game win streak.

Wayzata is 14-5 (1-3 in the Lake Conference) and have won three of their previous four games. They are led by Johnny Beenigna, junior, who averages 17 points per game.

Both the Royals and Trojans are entering the final stretch of the regular season, but are in very different positions. The Trojans, with their young roster, look to make a statement victory over the fifth-ranked Royals.

The Royals are led by John Warren, senior, who has started since his sophomore year. The Trojans do not have the same luxury that the Royals do, as they have no seniors on their roster.

Earlier this season, the teams clashed at the Lindbergh Center. The game was close throughout as both teams played well. The Royals were victorious in the end thanks to a last-second shot by Vincent Shahid, junior.

Tonight’s game is at Wayzata High School at 7 pm. The Royal Page will be tweeting real-time updates and will provide a game summary.