Boys Soccer Seniors Reflect on Season

On a beautiful fall night, the boys soccer team celebrated their ten senior players in a matchup with Lake Conference rival Edina. 

On Oct. 8, the Royals welcomed the Hornets for their second matchup of the season, and the final regular season game.  

“It’s been a fun season as always, but above all, I know all of us have been grateful to have had a season at all, and we have definitely made the most of it,” said Raines Lucas, senior.

The other seniors on the team include Monroe Chumklang, Daniel Grossman, Logan Ashby, Tyler Seys, Hassan Hassan, Jonas Swan, Gavin Hoffman, Ismael Castro Montoya, and Will Hess.

The boys have enjoyed their final season, and have made many memories along the way.

“I love our halftime talks. Every game, everybody has something important to contribute at half time. There’s always a positive energy and a strong motive to have a better second half,” said Lucas.  

Edina came into the game with a record of 8-2, and had beat the Royals in the previous meeting between the teams 5-0. 

The boys finished the regular season with a record of 3-7-1, finishing fifth overall in the conference. 

“I hope the younger players know that the future of Hopkins soccer is on them. They should know that the best they can do is be consistent every day on the field and lead by example,” Lucas said.