Top shows to binge while stuck in quarantine

Apr 29, 2020

When we aren’t doing homework, working or spending time with friends; Americans love to sit down and relax to a nice tv show or movie. Due to COVID-19, now there’s more free time than ever to binge successfully. 

Here are some top-notch shows to binge during quarantine. 

• Love is Blind

Love is Blind fills you in all of the drama you have been missing at school. It’s a dating reality tv show with a catch- they can’t see each other. Each contestant goes on a date with each other, but they have to talk through a wall with the end goal of getting married.

Rating: 6/10 

•  Unorthodox* 

Inspired by the memoir, Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots by Deborah Feldman, the show takes place in the Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY, following the story of a young orthodox girl, Esty escaping the Hasidic community and life. Esty is living in an unhappy marriage with her husband, Yanky, and she decides to 

It is a real tear-jerker 

Rating: 10/10

*The language the show is spoken in is Yiddish, but don’t worry, there are English subtitles available. 

• Black Mirror 

The idea of watching an ultra dystopian nightmare show might be a bit frightening, but it is worth the watch. Each episode cultivates its own frightening story in each episode. While it may seem a bit odd to the naked eye, make sure to look for the true underlying meanings of each episode. 

Rating: 9/10

• Community 

A lawyer who loses his practicing license is forced to go back to quirky community college to re-earn his degree. Along the way, he meets some special friends in a study group in order to get the girl he likes to like him back. It contains a very similar comedic style to Parks and rec and The office. 

With multiple seasons just released onto Netflix, it is sure to keep you watching for hours.  

Rating: 7/10