HRDT wraps up 2019-2020 season

Feb 3, 2020

Allison Birnberg

HRDT performing their routine at Wayzata High School. Unfortunately, the Royelles did not make state.

When the new month of February started, unfortunately, the Hopkins Royelles season ended. 

HRDT headed to sections at Edina high school on Feb. 1 with hopes of being in the top three for either kick or jazz so they could advance to the state meet.

Sadly, the team did not advance as they got sixth in their kick routine and seventh in jazz. Edina and Maple Grove will be at the state meet for jazz, and Eden Prairie and Chaska will be there for kick, while Wayzata will be there for both. 

Even though the dance season has ended, some lessons will carry within the team forever. 

“The two biggest things I have learned are how to be a good teammate by supporting everyone, and also to know how to it feels to be dedicated to something special,” said Maddy Doeden, senior. 

Additionally, even though the high school season has ended, some seniors like Claire Wahlen hope to continue their love for dance next fall.

“I am planning to continue dancing on Arizona’s Pomline next year if all is well with my heart,” Wahlen said. 

The team will reunite one last time on Mar 8 for their annual banquet to celebrate the season