HHS choir receives $1,000 grant from Hopkins Education Foundation

Dec 18, 2019

The Hopkins Education Foundation (HEF) gifted the HHS choir program $1,000 to help boost musical learning for choir students on Tuesday, Nov. 26.

The grant is being used for a software called Music Theory. Music Theory is the practice of writing and composing music as well as note training. This program will allow choir students to perfect singing and listening to music, helping them learn music faster and more efficiently.

HEF has been providing grants for Hopkins schools since 1995, and has rewarded over 450 grants. Approximately $2.8 million has been spent on district grants, with almost $600,000 going to HHS. 

Before the choir grant, the most recent grant provided to HHS was the HHS ACT prep grant. It was given to help, “Offer a class specifically for those who have the desire, but not the means, to crack open this sometimes elusive window to higher education.”

Under HEF also lies the Awesome Fund, which helps provide grants to clubs within the district. Some of the past Awesome Fund recipients include Weightlifting club, Technocrats Robotics Club and Gender Sexuality Alliance club (GSA).

The school’s choir program, led by Ms. Katie Irvin, and other clubs will continue to benefit and improve with generous grants awarded from HEF and the Awesome Fund.