Hopkins star Hall commits to SDSU

Nov 1, 2019

Joey Hurth

Ali Hall, senior, climbs out of the pool after a race. Hall, recently committed to SDSU.

High School graduation means the end of most high school student’s athletic careers. However, Ali Hall, senior, will just keep swimming. 

Hall recently committed to South Dakota State University, where she is excited to continue swimming competitively. She chose SDSU because of the great academics as well as a thriving swim team. Hall felt the culture at SDSU is unmatched.

“The whole team made me feel very welcomed,” Hall said.

Picking a college is no easy decision and Hall made sure to take her time to make sure she chose the best fit for her. She chose SDSU over UW-Milwaukee, UW-Green Bay, Pepperdine, and the University of Maine. 

Hall began talking to the coach last spring and they have stayed in contact since.

“I began talking to the coach around May. I went for an unofficial visit during the summer and then went back in October for an official,” Hall said.

Hall is looking forward to the elite coaching she will get on campus.

“The program has shown improvement in each swimmer throughout the past years with the new training plan they are using,” Hall said. 

As fall nears its end, so does the Girls Swim and Dive season. The team will head to Edina next week for there section meet. 

“Some goals that I have for sections for the team are to get 2nd within our section, qualify a relay to state, and make sure that everyone has fun and has good races,” Hall said.