New iPhone met with mixed reviews

Oct 22, 2019

On Sept. 10, Apple unveiled the new iPhone 11, debuting in three different options. 

Starting at 699 dollars for the cheapest iPhone 11 and going up to 1449 dollars for the iPhone 11 Pro Max, the price can be hefty. 

Although trading in old phones can allow you to reduce the price tag by a couple hundred dollars, being able to afford one is challenging.

After cracking her iPhone 7, Hazel Nelson, Junior, decided to buy herself the newest model.

“It is worth the upgrade,” Nelson said. “The camera is so much better, you can do a lot of things with it that you would be able to do with a professional one. It’s really useful because I don’t have to carry around another camera.”

With such a competitive market, the amount of new features introduced to mobile phones has grown almost exponentially. The iPhone 11, along with superior camera quality, boasts a new glass design and longer battery life. 

iPhone has become more than just a phone, it has set a standard in technology that has been difficult to match since the original model was released on June 29, 2007. The best selling smartphones of all time were the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus, with 222.4 million units.

“They have the best designs, a lot of people like how the phone looks since they are really clean,” Nelson said.

Usually, Apple will release a new style once every two years. The iPhone 4 was released in 2010, iPhone 5 in 2012, iPhone 6 in 2014, and iPhone 7 in 2016. Recently though, there has been a new version every year. 

Whether it’s an iPhone 6 or iPhone 11, students will be walking around with the carved Apple logo on the back of their phones and Airpods in, listening to music. 

The effect Apple has had on students generation is prominent, and these developments will continue to affect students throughout their high school career well into their adult lives. 

Social media has become intertwined with students social lives and it is no surprise that companies have been able to seize this opportunity to make profit.