Movie Monday: Glass

Feb 25, 2019

There was a lot of anticipation for Glass, and I have to say, the movie definitely lived up to the hype.

Night Shyamalan, who is constantly teetering between Hollywood genius and complete failure delivers a movie as good as the first two installments of the series.

Glass is a sequel to the 2000 drama/mystery movie Unbreakable and also a sequel to the much more recent 2016 thriller Split.

The movie has three main characters who are played by Bruce Willis, James McAvoy, and Samuel L. Jackson. All three deliver phenomenal performances.

Willis plays David Dunn, former security guard and now runs a home security business in Philadelphia with his son, Joseph. Secretly, however, David goes around the city, vigilante-like, and gives bad guys bruises if they do wrong.

McAvoy does a stunning job as Kevin Wendell Crumb who possesses 23 different personalities, known as “The Horde.” When each personality is in control, some more than others, it is called “The Light.” His 24th personality is named “The Beast” a superhuman specimen that is stronger, faster, and smarter than almost every human. It also crawls on walls.

Jackson stars as Elijah Glass, a man who was born with Type I Osteogenesis Imperfecta, a rare bone condition that makes them so fragile and easy to break. However, he is the smartest man in the world, his IQ far superior than everyone else. He is always five steps ahead of the competition.

The main idea of the movie, without spoiling too much, has Dr. Ellie Staple, played by Sarah Paulson, tries to convince these three “superheroes” that they are nothing more than normal humans.

If you are interested in action, drama, thriller, and of course, plot twists, I 100% recommend Unbreakable, Spilt, and of course Glass.