Royals look to bounce back after loss to DeLaSalle with a win over Eden Prarie

Feb 7, 2019

Julia Fromstein

Jalen Dearring, senior, talking to Dane Zimmer, senior earlier this season. Dearring and Zimmer are both starters for the Royals.

The Royals took on the DeLaSalle Islanders on Feb. 6, and the Islanders ended the Royals six game win streak, winning by a final score of 75-67.

The Royals leading scorer was senior, Zeke Nnaji, with 26 points and a great and one dunk. The second leadings were junior, Kerwin Walton, and senior, Dane Zinner, each with 10 points.

Though the three of them combined for 46 points it wasn’t enough against DeLaSalle’s high powered offense.

Tyrell Terry, senior Stanford Commit, dropped 26 points in the Islanders fifth straight win.  Terry’s season high performance was a 38 point performance in a one point win against Mountain Brook late December.

Terry has been DeLaSalle’s best scorer all season, averaging over 24 points per game (PPG).

Hopkins was ranked number one in the state for class 4A, while DeLaSalle was ranked number one for class 3A. The Royals will likely fall in the rankings after this defeat.

The Royals look to bounce back from this loss in a Lake Conference tilt against the fifth ranked Eagles of Eden Prairie. Eden Prairie lost to DeLaSalle in their season opener 76-66.

The Eagles leading scorer is junior, Drake Dobbs, averaging 17.3 PPG. Dobbs dropped a season high 31 points in a three point victory over the Edina Hornets.

Eden Prairie comes in with a record of 13-5 losing games to the Park Center Pirates, the Shakopee Sabres, the Wayzata Trojans, and finally the Chet Holmgren led Minnehaha Academy Redhawks.  The uncommitted sophomore Holmgren, scored a season low, 12 points.

The Royals host the Eagles on Feb. 8 at the Lindbergh Center at 5:30 pm.