What to do on your staycation this winter break

Dec 21, 2018

Winter break is for family, fun, and a time to relax. Some families at HHS go someplace during break for the weather or family, but what do families and kids do when they stay home?

Some kids stay in town while the rest of their friends go out of town. This leaves them frantically trying to fill up their schedules with activities to do.

“Since I’m staying in town this year I’ve been filling up my schedule and making a winter break bucket list,” he says “for example I want to go skiing, make a gingerbread house, and go to Skyzone,” said Diego Sojos, junior.

Some people don’t have trouble if their friends stay in town.

“Winter break is a great time to relax. I love hanging out with friends and playing basketball at LA fitness,” said Ryan Johnsen, junior.

While winter break has plenty of time to have fun, it’s a great time for students to do some work.

“It’s a great time to finish homework and study for the ACT. This is a great time because while everyone else is doing nothing it’s satisfying being productive,” Sojos said.

With some families who usually stay home for the holidays, traditions are built that have lasted generations.

“On Christmas my family has a tradition of eating Chinese food and going to the movie theatre. We’ve been doing this for quite some time and I love it,” said Ngorli Paintsil, junior.