The red hot Royals win their fifth straight against La Follette

Dec 17, 2018

Isaac Richert

Jalen Dearring, senior, knocks down a free throw in the win against Lakeville North. Dearring is the starting guard for the Royals.

The Royals continue their win streak with a 14 point victory against the Madison La Follette Lancers. The Royals took a commanding W at home against Robbinsdale Cooper earlier last week and hoped to take that momentum into this game against the visiting Lancers.

The Royals have won all of their five games in a row after losing the season opener against East Ridge.

The Royals leading scorer for this game was University of Arizona commit, senior, Zeke Nnaji with a season high 35 points.  The Royals took a commanding lead in the first half, leading 38-26 after the first period.

After the half time break, the Royals came out and won the second half as well, defeating the Lancers by five points in the second half.

The Royals second and third leading scorers were Kerwin Walton, junior, and Andy Stafford, senior, both with 13 points. The Lancers leading scorer was Ben Probst, junior, with 20 points, and their second and third leading scorers were seniors, Donnell Grey and Troy Reeves Jr., both with 17 points.

The Royals will host another visiting team on Dec. 21, this time, a visiting team from Illinois,  Chicago Orr Academy and the Royals will meet at Minneapolis North High School at 6:00 pm.