Free yoga offered at HHS

Nov 26, 2018

There are many known health benefits of yoga. These benefits are both physical and mental, which promotes balance, strength and breathing techniques. In regards to mental health, yoga helps reduce stress and relieve anxiety.

The school is offering free yoga classes at the wellness center to all students. The classes are on Nov. 15, Nov. 29, Dec. 13, and Dec. 20 from 3-4 p.m.

The spots are limited to the first 15 students to register per class. To secure a spot, email Terese Kunick, school psychologist, at [email protected] .

The free yoga classes are a part of the new wellness center that was started in October.

At the wellness center students have access to school social workers, counselors or psychologists and is open Monday through Thursday from 3-4:30 p.m.

“We wanted to find ways to help students learn and utilize tools to help with their overall mental and physical well-being,” Kunick said. “We thought yoga might be something students would enjoy and gain both physical and mental benefits from.”

The wellness center is always open and looking for new ideas that would contribute to the well being of students.

“If students have ideas for classes or groups they feel would be beneficial for their peers, please contact either myself ([email protected]) or Kelly Richey ([email protected]),” Kunick said.