Album Review: LoVE me NOw

Nov 16, 2018

Tory Lanez released his third studio album titled “LoVE me NOw” this Oct. 27. Lanez is really trying to make his mark on 2018 after releasing this just seven months after his previous project “MEMORIES DON’T DIE.”  

Similar to his last project, “LoVE me NOw” is a very feature heavy album with appearances of artists such as Trippie Redd, Meek Mill, 2 Chainz, Pnb Rock, Gunna, Chris Brown, Rich The Kid and many more.

After my first couple of weeks of listening, I really think Lanez delivered with a very good project. The album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard charts and I can tell why.

The album starts out with a darker trap style of Lanez with “Why DON’T You LOVE Me?” which I thought was a great way to kick off the project. He then gets into a softer side with more singing in tracks such as “KeeP IN tOUcH”, or “CuT me oFF”.

As a whole, I think the project does a great job providing a different sound on each song mostly due to their being at least one featured artist on 11 of the 15 tracks. I also don’t believe there are any bad songs and every song is one that I can revisit and enjoy.

My personal favorites are “S.w.I.n.G” (feat. PnB Rock & Trey Songz) which has an awesome hook that perfectly leads into great verses from PnB Rock & Trey Songz that compliment each other very well, and “FeRRis WhEEl” (feat. Trippie Redd), Trippie provides a very catchy chorus that clearly shows a mainstream appeal and I can tell why it’s one of the more universally liked tracks. Some honorable mentions are “SHE tOLd Me”, “KeeP IN tOUcH” (feat. Bryson Tiller)”, and “DucK my Ex” (feat. Chris Brown & 2 Chainz).

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this project and would recommend it to anyone who likes hip-hop/rap with a bit of singing side to it.

Rating: 7/10.