College deadlines

Nov 9, 2018

With Nov. 1 just passing, many students have already applied to their top colleges.

For many colleges the early action and early decision deadline is Nov. 1. Lia Harel, senior, is among one of the students who applied for early decision.

“I chose to apply early decision to Pomona College because it made me feel way more confident of my chances because I knew how drastically it can increase your chances and since I know this is where I want to go to school I decided to just go for it,” Harel said.

School counselors can be a great resource for students to go to when stressed with transcripts or letters of recommendation.

“I did not really go to my counselor except to discuss the choice of applying to early decisions because it can be scary to be binded to a college. I am sure my counselor could have been very helpful if I reached out more,” Harel said.

For Angela Perez Jauregui, senior, she took full advantage of her school counselors help.

“I would go to my counselor quite often to help me with the whole application process. He helped me find numerous scholarships and even schools that are great fits for me. I always knew I had someone to depend on for help with regards to college,” Perez Jauregui said.

College deadlines are overwhelming, with the many choices from Early Action to Early Decision to Regular Decision, it can be difficult to figure out your way around all of these. However, the struggle is exciting as the future draws nearer.