Apple holds conference on new and improved products

Nov 9, 2018

On Tuesday, Oct. 30, Apple held their second fall event, where new features and tech was announced for their newer technology models.

Among the things that were released on Oct. 31, it includes iOS 12.1, a new update that brings an interactive group chat feature to FaceTime calls, allowing users to call up to 32 people at once. Those with the iPhone X, XS (Max) or XR, it is also able to use Animated Emojis (Animojis) during a call.

New software wasn’t the only things Apple announced. The new iPad Pro, starting at 799 dollars, was shown running NBA 2K matching graphics on consoles. The new iPad also ditches the home button and is adopting gestures used on newer iPhones.

Apple also announced a new addition to the MacBook Air lineup. The updated laptop features a 13.3-inch Retina display, and also updates the computer for the modern era by removing the chunky aluminum bezels reducing the size by 17 percent. The computer comes with two Thunderbolt three ports and Touch ID, making this the first Mac to be made with 100 percent recycled aluminum.

“The fact that its made with recycled aluminum is really cool,” said Nick Kanitz, senior. “It also looks better than the previous Air.”

Apple also updated their Mac Mini which was last updated Oct. 16, 2014. The new mini computer is 5 times faster than previous generations. The base model, starting at 799 dollars, comes with 3.6 GHz quad-core Intel Core i3, in other words it can handle apps like Photoshop and Logic Pro X with ease.