The Fortnite legend: Tyler Blevins (Ninja)

Jun 5, 2018

The rising popularity of the video game, Fortnite, has also brought great popularity to Twitch live streamer, Ninja.

Ninja’s real name is Tyler Blevins and has quickly become one of the most popular video game live streamers on Twitch in the world. Ninja started his career playing games such as H1Z1 and Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds, otherwise known as PUBG, which are both games that Fortnite is modeled off of. Later, he switched to regularly playing Fortnite which he gained massive popularity from.

Ninja has broken many records on Twitch and his most known record was breaking the record for most people watching a stream at a single time with 628,000 viewers in March, 2018. This record was reached when Drake, Travis Scott and JuJu Smith-Schuster joined Ninja to play Fortnite. The previous record was held by a streamer named Dr. Disrespect with 388,000 viewers.

Later, Ninja broke his own record with 667,000 viewers in April, 2018. He did this by hosting his own tournament, Ninja Vegas 2018. The prize was $50,000.

Recently, Ninja confirmed that he earns $500,000 a month from live streaming Fortnite and he gets this money from people who subscribe to his Twitch channel for a starting price of $5 a month. Viewers can also connect their Amazon Prime account to their Twitch account which allows them to subscribe for no additional charge. Ninja stated that the majority of his subscribers come through people using Amazon Prime.

In February, Ninja raised $110,000 for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Ninja donated $2,500 to the Alzheimer’s Association after the Ninja Vegas 2018 tournament. In late April, Ninja, along with other Twitch streamers, Dr. Lupo and TimTheTatman, participated in the #Clips4Kids event, where they raised $340,000.

Ninja has made a huge impact on the gaming community. He will continue to entertain people and break records for a long time.