Preview: Baseball takes on Skippers in third Lake Conference game this season

May 8, 2018

While riding a three-game win streak, the Royals will travel to Minnetonka to face the Skippers for the first time this season.

A big win for the Royals came against the Wayzata Trojans last Friday when they won 8-7. A day later, the Royals got another win by one run against the St. Louis Park Orioles 5-4. The third win was a shutout against the Osseo Orioles where they won 11-0.

After the Royals had their rough patch, they were able to turn their game around and have now improved to 7-3 on the season.

The Royals have a tough matchup coming up against the Skippers who are 10-2 right now, who have won eight out of their last nine. For both the Royals and Skippers, the Edina Hornets were the team that ended their win streaks. The Hornets ended the Royals three-game win streak with a 10-5 win, and the Skippers six-game win streak with a 9-8 win.

Tommy Auth, senior, has had a hot bat recently, hitting a homerun in back-to-back games as well as a ground rule double. Luis Felemovicius, junior, and Rafael Lewis, senior, also hit home runs in the 11 run shutout against the Orioles.

This will be the third Lake Conference game for the Royals and are 1-1 on the season. Last year the Royals won two Lake Conference games all season and finished 2-6.