Boys lacrosse looks to bounce back and continue to improve

May 4, 2018

The Hopkins Boys Varsity Lacrosse team is still in search for their first win of the 2018 season.

The boys fell to a very competitive Edina Hornets team by a score of 1-15 on Thursday, May 3rd as well as to the Wayzata Trojans 1-17 on Tuesday, April 30th to fall to 0-6 on the season.

“We are working really hard in practice to try and win these games. We have started out the season poorly but believe we can turn this around soon,” said Jack Hymanson, junior.

The Royals have struggled this season with Lake Conference teams, but are looking to regain their confidence in search for a win.

“The biggest thing we need to improve on in practice is we need to build as a team to trust each other, have confidence in ourselves, as well as lots of stick work,” said Ben Serstock, senior.

Serstock, as well as the rest of the team, believes their struggles are not a permanent and can change very quickly.

“It has been tough this year with the extremely busy schedule due to the snow. It is hard to learn and adapt so quickly when we only have one day in between each game. We are looking forward to the weekend to heal up and getting ready to put in work for the next week,” said Serstock.

The Royals look to bounce back Saturday, May 5th, as they travel to Chaska in search for their first win.