Preview: March Madness Championship

Apr 2, 2018

Tonight, the two best teams in college basketball will meet in San Antonio, Texas to decide who wins the big dance. Michigan and Villanova will face off in the battle of Big Ten and Big East.

Villanova had to go through some tough teams to get to the championship, including West Virginia and Texas Tech. In the Final Four against Kansas, they made 34 three-pointers which is a NCAA Tournament record.

The Wildcats is led by juniors Mikal Bridges and Jalen Brunson who averaging 19.2 and 17.6 point per game respectively.

Michigan on the other hand, have played much lower seeds, such as Florida State and cinderella Loyola-Chicago. They are the first team to make it to the championship game without playing a top-five seed.

The Wolverines are led by juniors Moe Wagner and Charles Matthews who are averaging 14.6 and 13.1 points per game respectively.

Both teams are able to shine in the big moment as two years ago, Villanova won the championship by a buzzer-beating three shot by Kris Jenkins.

Michigan have had their fair share of drama as well. This tournament, freshmen Jordan Poole made a buzzer-beater of his own to beat Houston in the second round.

Also, back in 2013, former Michigan point guard Trey Burke made a deep three-pointer in the Final Four. That was the last time Michigan was in the Final Four. They ended up losing to Kansas in the championship.

This game will be a perfect way to cap off a phenomenal NCAA Tournament. The madness was in full effect.

Prediction: Villanova 76, Michigan 73.