AP Euro and World look to explore the world on Spring Break trip

In hopes of exploring new cultures and experiencing history outside of the textbook, a group of HHS AP World and Euro students embarked on a international journey.

On Thursday, March 20, a group of students departed for Rome and Florence, Italy, Nice France, and Barcelona, Spain. The goal of the trip is to spark an appreciation for the grandeur of history in students, have them gain experience being a global citizen, and recognize connections to their class.

“One thing I really enjoy is seeing students experience international travel for the first time and seeing all the things we have been talking about in our history class,” said Ms.Margret Temple, social studies.

Among the students going is Sam Shactman, junior, who is excited to witness how different the other countries are.

“I want to experience other countries and see new cultures in terms of different kinds of music, food, and attractions,” Schatman said.

He and Brian Douvall, junior, are most looking forward to visiting the historic city of Rome, Italy’s capital.

“There are a lot of landmarks there and it was one of my favorite units that we studied in class,” Douvall said.

For Ellen Mattson, junior, travelling to Barcelona Spain is at the top of her list.

“I am most excited to see Barcelona, especially because it has been very romanticized in American culture,” Mattson said. “Also experiencing what we have been learning about all year will be incredible.”

The opportunity to connect with new people and grow closer to long time classmates is yet another reason students wanted to partake in this trip.

“I am most looking forward to creating stronger relationships with the people I am going with,” Schactman said.