Girls Basketball takes on the three seeded Tigers

Mar 8, 2018

This week the HHS Royals girls basketball team take on the three seeded Minneapolis South Tigers after a 40 point blowout win against Saint Louis Park last week.

Minneapolis South’s leading scorer in their last game was Morgan Hill, senior, with a huge 27 point game.  Hill has been a big part of their offense the entire year.

Their regular season record was 21-5, with a 13 game win streak throughout December and January.

Their last game of the regular season was against St. Paul Como Park High School and they lost by six points.  Their last section game was against Wayzata, with a close win by only five points.

“We’ve been practicing hard these past couple weeks, preparing for the section final, we thought it was going to be wayzata, but since South won, we’ve been watching film on them over the last few days.” Paige Bueckers, sophomore, said.

Wayzata only lost one game this regular season, that was against the Royals, in a blowout win by about 40 points.

“We saw what South can do against good teams, knowing that if we lose this game, it’s over.  So we’re just trying to stay focused, and play our best.” Bueckers said.

After a tough loss in the state championship game last year, the Royals want to finish out their section playoff sweep, and look forward to their state championship run.