Girls basketball defeats Wayzata; prepares for Eden Prairie

Gianni Tejada, Staff Reporter

The HHS Royals gave Wayzata their first loss of the season this year in a blowout win, by almost 30 points last friday.

The Royals look to take this dominance throughout the last game of the season and into the postseason.  The Royals last regular season game is against the Eden Prairie Eagles at Eden Prairie High School.

The Eagles have a huge force on offense, Nnecka Obiazor, sophomore, averaging over 15 points per game (PPG).  The Royals definitely will focus their defense on Obiazor and try to hold them to a low scoring game just like the Spartans.

The Royals were dominant on defense against Wayzata, holding the Spartans to only 38 points, their lowest scoring game all season.

“Keep doing what we’ve been doing, playing really good defense, like we did against wayzata, that was one of our best defensive games of the year.” Dlayla Chakolis, junior.

Since Eden Prairie is a Lake conference team, the Royals want to be as prepared as possible to defeat these teams.

“We’ve been to a lot of their games, we have a couple scouting reports on them, a couple films.  As a team we watch film with the coaches and discuss as a team what we need to do to prepare mentally and physically for the game.”  said Chakolis.  

The game is on Friday, February 23rd, at the Eden Prairie High School at 7:00 pm.