Heart-O-Grams: 2018

Feb 20, 2018

Classrooms throughout HHS were filled with heartfelt serenades and blushing students this Valentine’s Day with the beloved tradition of Heart-O-Grams taking place.

13 different groups of students got together and began the process necessary to make the day special. It began by choosing three or four songs within the realm of romance and practicing to perfection. Then, each group auctioned in front of Ms. Katie Irvin, choir director, in hopes of making the cut.

“I was nervous at first, but then I went in there and started singing and I remembered that I sing in front of Ms. Irvin everyday,” said Sagit Nachmias, junior. “It was just like another day in choir.”

The groups of five to seven musically inclined students continued practice and prepared for the day.

New to HHS this year, Kyra Berggren, senior, decided she wanted to participate in the Valentine’s Day festivities after seeing videos from last year.

“I’m excited to see peoples reactions because this is my first year here and it’s something new. It will be fun to see peoples faces,” Berggren said.

Veteran Heartagram vocalist and Geoff member Isaac Daitzchman, senior, is eager to carry on the positivity that the performances bring.

“I think what makes Heart O Grams so special is the fact that so many people dedicate their entire day just to deliver heart warming messages all over the school. That is pretty awesome.” Daitchman said.  

Other students began participating the week before Valentine’s Day by purchasing Heart-O-Grams for friends and loved ones at lunch. When bought, a heartfelt message could be written for whoever it was being sent to.

The sophomore class will have this HHS staple experience for the first time this year. Camille Brimmer, sophomore, was happy to purchase one for her teacher.

“A friend and I bought one for Mr. Harris because he was expecting no sophomores to buy them,” Brimmer said. “We wanted to surprise him.”