Call Me by Your Name

Call Me by Your Name

Set in Italy in 1983, Call Me by Your Name is the final story in Andre Aciman’s Desire trilogy. Call Me by Your Name follows an unlikely love story between 17-year-old Elio (Timothee Chalamet) and one of his father’s assistants, Oliver (Armie Hammer).

The story begins with Oliver coming to live in Italy to work for Elio’s father and live with them. The film shifts as the two boys grow closer, they find themselves spending more time with each other and eventually begin to develop a secret relationship as the summer goes on.

Both Elio and Oliver learn knew aspects about themselves that only the other person would have been able to bring out. As they both deal with reasons why their relationship must remain secret, they grow as people together.

The film first premiered at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival in January 2017. The movie officially came into theaters on January 19, 2018 and is currently still out.
This upcoming Sunday is the 90th Academy Awards, where Call Me by Your Name has been nominated for Best Picture, Best Actor (Chalamet), Best Adapted Screenplay and Best Original Song.

Call Me by Your Name is emotional and impassioned, go see it as long as you are willing to let a couple tears flow.