The Royals continue to roll and extend their win-streak to 16 games before matchup against Cooper

Jan 22, 2018

Adam Segal

Dane Zimmer, junior, goes up for hook shot on Orioles defender. The Royals beat the Orioles 98-70.

On Fri., Jan. 19, the Royals were able to stay as the lone undefeated team in the Lake Conference as they were able to bring down the Eden Prairie Eagles 84-77.

In a game without the Royals leading scorer Zeke Nnaji,junior, Dane Zimmer, junior, stepped into his spot and put up 11 points. Anthony Davis, senior, led the game in scoring with 21 and sophomore, Blaise Beauchamp, added 18 points en route to the Royals 16th straight win.

The four sophomores for the Eagles combined for 59 out of their 77 points. Three of them had 18 points or more, but John Henry was only able to score 3 points.

This was only the Eagles second loss of the season and it was also the second most points they’ve allowed this season. The Eagles have usually been able to hold their opponents relatively quiet, besides three games where they’ve surrendered 80 points or more, they are averaging 61.9 points allowed per game.

The nest matchup the Royals have is against the Robbinsdale Cooper Hawks on Thurs., Jan. 23. The Hawks have one game before this game against the Chanhassen Storm. The Hawks are currently 5-4 and are looking to go two games above .500 again.

The Hawks are being led by Jalen Justice and Nathan Hill, juniors, who are averaging 16.4 and 15.3 points per game respectively.

On previous articles, I have been using the rankings from maxpreps, which has the Royals ranked as number one in Minnesota. On mnbasketballhub, they have the Royals ranked as number two behind Cretin-Derham Hall who account for the Royals only loss this season. For future articles, I will now be going off mnbasketballhub for rankings.