Davis and Nnaji provide explosive game for Royals and take down the Orioles

Dec 20, 2017

Last night, the boys’ basketball team was again able to blow past their opponent in route to a five-game win streak. The Royals took down the St. Louis Park Orioles 98-70 in their largest offensive night of the season.

Over this win streak, the Royals offense has been buzzing, they are beating teams by an average of 22.6 points. Zeke Nnaji, junior, has been averaging 19.8 points over that span.

In their latest win, Anthony Davis, senior, and Nnaji were able to lead the way scoring 25 and 24 points, respectively. Both were season highs for each player and for the team.

Joe Hedstrom, senior, was able to score double digits for the first time since their win against the Sauk-Rapids Rice Storm. He is now averaging 7.7 points per game. Hedstrom knows he has been struggling but it hasn’t affected his mentality.

“I’ve just been working on always having a positive attitude and doing the things I can control every time,” Hedstrom said. “I know it’s just been six games and that it is a long season. I’m just going to keep working and have fun with it, it’s just like any season, it has its ups and downs.”

On the other side, the Royals were able to limit Cire Mayfield, sophomore, to only 12 points while J

oey Whitlock, senior, was the one to lead the way for the Orioles with 25 points.

The Royals go back into action tomorrow Dec. 21 against the Schaeffer Academy Lions. The Lions are currently 7-1 and were on a seven-game win streak up until last night when they lost to the Randolph Rockets.

The Lions are being led by Cole Bothun, senior, who is averaging 21.9 points per game.