Boys basketball team looks to bounce back from loss against CDH

Dec 6, 2017

Bea Frank

Anthony Davis, senior, drives hard at the hoop for boys’ basketball team. The Royals season kicked off last Saturday against the Cretin-Derham Hall Raiders.

The boys basketball season continues tomorrow, Thurs., Dec 7, as they host the Sauk Rapids-Rice Storm.

This game marks the second game for the Royals and the second of their three-game home stand. Unfortunately, the Royals weren’t able to come out on top after their first game, as they fell to the Cretin-Derham Hall Raiders 86-73.

The Royals didn’t get much help on the scoreboard from the Wisconsin Badger commit Joe Hedstrom, senior, who scored only six points. Instead, they were lead by Deveraux Davis, senior, and Zeke Nnaji, junior, who both were able to score 16 points. Anthony Davis, senior, was close behind putting up 13 points of his own.

On the other hand, the Raiders were led by Sy Chatman, senior, and Jaeden King, junior, who scored 33 and 22 points, respectively. Ryan Larson, senior, also helped with 19 points to a Raiders win. Gopher commit Daniel Oturu, senior, also was only able to score six points, however, that was due to an ankle injury that forced Oturu out of the game early in the first half.

The Storm is also coming off a loss to the Brainerd Warriors. They fell 68-60 and will look to bounce back against the Royals. Cody Landwehr, senior, was able to lead the Storm with 25 points in the game.

Landwehr will bring another test to the Royals’ big players. Landwehr recently committed to Bemidji State University.

After this game, the Royals’ will play on Sat., Dec. 9 against the DeLaSalle Islanders.