HURT captain AJ Condon receives tryout for spot on U-20 USA team

Dec 6, 2017

AJ+Condon%2C+senior%2C+goes+up+against+defender+and+grabs+the+disc+for+the+score.+Condon+has+been+a+part+of+HURT+since+eighth+grade+and+is+now+the+captain.+

Provided by AJ Condon

AJ Condon, senior, goes up against defender and grabs the disc for the score. Condon has been a part of HURT since eighth grade and is now the captain.

On Feb. 10th AJ Condon, senior, will be traveling to Livermore, CA for a chance to tryout with 100 others from around the country for a spot on the U-20 USA ultimate frisbee team. Hopkins Ultimate has been a strong club team in the past years with great players helping carry the team.

Condon has played for HURT (Hopkins Ultimate Recreation Team) since eighth grade. Some of his favorite memories have been, winning the Hopkins Hustle Tournament last year, getting named captain fall of his junior year and being named All-State First Team as a junior.

The National tryout isn’t the only team looking at his talents, he also got a tryout for the Minnesota Windchill, a professional ultimate team for Minnesota, and Sub Zero, a club team.

Condon’s skill and achievements landed him a spot to play with some of the top players and meet with the coaches of the national teams.

The USA ultimate team will meet two weekends to practice together and then head to Ontario, Canada to compete against teams from all around the world.

“I’m excited to get to play with the best players in the country, to have some good competition, and to have a chance to represent HURT,” Condon said.