Player Profile: Kylie Hanley

Nov 3, 2017

Kylie+Hanley%2C+senior%2C+skates+up+the+ice.+

Provided by Kylie Hanley

Kylie Hanley, senior, skates up the ice.

For Kylie Hanley, senior, hockey has always been a big part of her life, and next Wed., November 8th, it will be officially become part of her future.

Hanley has played hockey for about 14 years and is currently verbally committed to the University of Minnesota Duluth to continue her love for the game as a Bulldog.

“I was really close with my neighbor who went to Minnetonka. She decided she was going to play hockey one day, so I thought I would try it with her and I ended up loving it,” Hanley said.

Last year, at center, Hanley was in a four-way tie for most goals in the season at 28th place and a seven-way tie for most points at 44th place. She scored 24 goals and racked up 17 assists which totalled 41 points.

Hanley has many memories throughout her hockey career but there are two that stand out to her.

“My favorite memories would be playing in the National Tournament with my Elite Team and attending the Select 66 national camp in Maine in 2016,” Hanley said.

Hanley is coming into the season for the third year of being a captain and is ready to lead her team into sections and hopefully to the sections championship, which they failed to make last year.

“I’ve been working out at First Athlete for strength and conditioning and doing on ice training programs. I’ve been focusing on my quickness and explosiveness as well as stickhandling and shooting,” Hanley said.

Tryouts for the girls hockey team started this week on Oct. 30, and the season will get going Thur., Nov. 9, against the Eagan Wildcats. By that time, Hanley will be a Bulldog signee, and ready to make a statement for her senior season.